Sunday, February 21, 2010

waving my magic wand

Friday, as I was leaving putt-putt golf with my two happy kids I quickly checked my email on my phone.  There was one from an Etsy Administrator.  Hmmm?  That's a first.  Much to my surprise it was a note telling me that Etsy had been working closely on some marketing projects with parenting.com and that one of my listings had been picked up for a mid-march birthday slide show.  Imagine my surprise.  My white flower wand, pictured large above, is the item they picked. 

I read the email to my 6 1/2 year old son and 3 1/2 year old daughter... cause that's all I could do at that point and my son grabbed me and said, "MOM!  You're FAMOUS!!!"  (This is only hours after he asked me how much I got for the sale of two wands earlier in the day.  When I excitedly replied $26.00!!! he looked at me dead seriously and said, "That's it?"  If only he knew that I still need to back my costs out of that number.)

Anyway, I'm super excited.  Even if I don't sell any wands or gain any more exposure to the shop at least my kids think I'm famous!

I've been busy making more wands and getting back into the dance ring business (the item that *started it all*).  I'm selling them as single rings now instead of in pairs and I've added a jump ring to give the ribbon streamers more movement.  I've also improved the design to make them more colorful and slightly less expensive.  Zuzu LOVES them.  Your thoughts?

 
 

Share

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Thats awesome! what a great feeling :)

Embellished Bayou said...

Awesome! Congrats! I love the dance rings but I think they need a little more sparkle. Maybe one strand of glittery ribbon?

kristi said...

thank you both. love the glittery ribbon idea!

Embellished Bayou said...

Just wanted to let you know you inspired me to make some ribbon bracelets and wands of my own! I linked to your post in my blog.

http://blog.embellishedbayou.com/2010/05/diy-ribbon-wands-bracelets-and.html