Thursday, February 25, 2010

family scrapboxes by Darcy Miller



Let's get this straight, I am not a hoarder. I actually despise clutter. But with that out of the way, I am one of those moms that saves every art project. (I am also the mom that actually buys prints of our digital photos and puts them in albums. Yup, still do)

When the kid's art comes home from school our favorites go up in their room for a few months, until they get replaced by the next fabulous creation. Each kid has their own bin in the garage - one per year, per kid. But once it's filed, no one really ever looks at the stuff until a random memory or emotional breakdown strikes (like last night) in which I am forced to quickly locate something...anything...from when they were born.  Turns out my big one is quite the sap for childhood memories.  Wonder where he gets that?

So it's not surprising that an article in this months' Martha Stewart Magazine really caught my attention. It was called "Family History in the Making".  Martha Stewart Weddings' Darcy Miller shares her collection of illustrations, photographs and objects in "a hybrid medium where scrapbook meets shadowbox."  Above are just a few of my favorites (it was really, really hard to narrow them down).  You can see all of her creations on the Martha Stewart website. And, if you so desire, you can buy the scrapboxes there as well. 

Share

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a cute idea!!!

Lisa said...

This is a great idea. I, the craft challenged, may actually be able to make one of these.