Monday, January 11, 2010

whitney smith pottery







Meet Whitney Smith. Well, meet some of her pottery at least. Whitney is a ceramic artist and Etsy shop owner. She's also a fellow Bay Area dweller and I really, really like her style.

From the profile in her shop:

My design sense is primarily informed by my obsession with flowers and other organic forms found in nature. It is also very important to me that my ceramic pieces are functional for everyday use, while being absolutely beautiful, refined, and unique. I have been strongly influenced by Art Nouveau and the Arts and Crafts movement of the 19th and early 20th Century. I like the look and feel of old things and antiques, and my glaze choices have a certain look that reminds people of an different era.


If you'd like to stalk her you can find her on facebook, twitter, flickr & blogger.

Now, who can guess which of the above pieces I purchased today and which I asked to be customized slightly? C'mon...give it your best shot. I bet I can surprise you!

Share

1 comment:

Everything Coastal said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!