Sunday, December 21, 2008

why didn't I think of that?


If you have children and are anything like me you have a house FULL of artwork. In our home, the current strategy is to assign each child one large plastic bin per year. Two kids. Ages 2 1/2 and 5. Hmmm...how long can this truly last?

Now the thought of actually tossing anything still makes me terribly anxious but tonight I came across such a fabulous idea. It was clearly one of those, "duh, why didn't I think of that?" moments.

The suggestion was to scan the kids work into the computer and send it to snapfish or kodak gallery, or whichever photo company you prefer, and have them bound into a book for preservation. Think of what amazing Christmas gifts they would have made for the grandparents! Sorry guys, I missed the boat. There is always next year.

You can checkout fellow blogger Tilt's original post...and my inspiration here.

4 comments:

Boody Babies said...

That's a great idea! We took and made a framed collage out of our daughters art work and used it to decorate her bedroom. I have another one in the works for her first "glitter paintings" that will be very minimalist.

Amanda said...

That's a great idea! I can't bear to throw any artwork away, either.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Oh my gosh, I had never thought of that either...thanks so much for sharing! We have so much artwork around here it's just crazy...we HAVE to throw some away or it just takes over and I hate it too. I'm so gonna do this and I think the kiddos would love it too as a gift! I hope you and your fam have a wonderful Christmas :-)

Pat said...

Great idea!!!!! I just took down all the drawings that were taped all over the house, dated them, and stapled them into a real book. That's a grandma thing I guess. :-) Grandmas definitely have less to store!!!