Sunday, June 28, 2009

bag o' buttons


So I bought some buttons. I went to the craft store with two anxious children trailing slowly behind with a short list. Really, just two necessary items. But then I saw this little bag of buttons and impulsively snatched it up. Fortunately my dear son did not count the number of items that made it to the register because it was probably more like six than two (and I didn't find what I went for) but nevertheless I was quick.

I got home, unpacked my bag and stared at the buttons. You see, I don't sew. I mean, I can sew. I have a brand new fabulous sewing machine that I bought on sale at Target. In March. It still lives fully sealed in the box...in my garage. So, you see, I don't sew.

I set the bag o' buttons thoughtfully on my craft table and stared at the pretty colors for about a week. And then last night, I made these. I just love the colors and I think these are probably the cutest darn dance rings that have ever been made. Ever.

But then again, I'm biased.

1 comment:

Robin Hartman said...

Buttons are so much fun! Love your new creations.